Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Interesting Ancestor Chart

I found a neat ancestor chart at a site called Learn Forever Learn.  I had been thinking about doing something like this with pencil and paper for a while but never got started on it.  The tree shows a line for the life of each ancestor, starting at the right birth and death year.  And it shows the pedigree collapse that is common among Mennonites due to endogamy.  And it has a time line of world events that pops up whenever you scroll down the lines.  All you have to do is upload a gedcom.

My family tree at LearnForeverLearn.com/ancestors.
I would like to have the option to color lines differently, say to show generations so that all my great-grandparents would be one color, or to show everyone born in Russia in one color.  But all in all, it's a fun tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment